Friday, April 10, 2009

One of My Favorite Movie Scenes

I know some people who consider Stanley Kramer's 1963 comedy It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World to be the greatest motion picture ever made. I think they're nuts, though it's a very entertaining film. I will concede though, that the scenes collected in the following clip (featuring the tragically underrated Dick Shawn) are some of the funniest bits I've ever seen. The counterpoint between the deadpan girl dancer and Shawn's frenetic hipster goofball, Sylvester, cracks me up every time. Ethel Merman is pretty good too, though she has better scenes in the movie not represented here. Check it out:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John; I believe this was up in Maine at restaurant we stopped at,which was my onlt request I made on the trip, to stop to a place for a real seafood dinner and the food was processed! The ocean less than a mile away and they fly in there ocean entres from Illinios! Hold a grudge you say, YOU BET!!!! All in all a great trip. [Pleae do not take off for gramar and spelling.]

John Hajduk said...

Sorry Tom, that's not it. Good guess though.
Dr. John