Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Heroes of the Small Screen, 2

If I had to pick the single most influential factor from my early life that planted the seed that led me to become a historian, it's probably the fact that I was a devoted fan of the TV show Daniel Boone, starring Fess Parker. Every Thursday night, I was tuned in for the adventures of Daniel and his pals Yadkin, Mingo and Cincinnatus, establishing a safe community for Boone's wife Rebecca, and his children Israel and Jemima. I haven't seen an episode since it went off the air around 1970 (at which time I was devastated), until I came across this one on YouTube. Here's Part 1 of what must've been a first season episode (I know later years were in color). Maybe it'll inspire one of you to take up the syudy of our nation's past, like it did me:

No comments: