Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Soup Diary 100323

I think my Mom feels a bit motivated by my frequent comments here about soup I've had in restaurants to try and surpass them with her own creations. A couple days ago, she definitely made a solid hit with some cream of potato soup. This is one that falls in the category of comfort food, as I remember it being a fairly regular staple of my childhood diet. Mom has certainly retained her touch over the years, in fact maybe even building on earlier foundations by adding a few more creative flourishes (I don't think, as children, my siblings and I would've stood for any green stuff floating in our soup, like parsley), but it's nice that she retains all of what made it so special in the first place (like the splash of paprika on top). Let's just say that Mom's soups have carved out a special category all their own, which pretty much sets the bar for all the other stuff I write about.

1 comment:

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
This is always a favorite of mine, and now my kids, definitely what I turn to when it it cold and stormy out =)
Lil' Sis
PS Did you get the lumps of cheese too?