Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fun With Photoshop

I spent a couple hours on Friday strolling around Bannack State Park with my camera. Here are three shots of the Hotel Meade, which I've played around with a bit to create these version. Above, a shot from across the street (with some lighting modifications).

Second is a view from the southwest side of the building, augmented by some inking effects.

And last, a view from the southeast corner, emphasizing the wagon wheels in the foreground. This one has been passed through a couple of arty filters, to make it appear more like a drawing. Any comments on which view you like the best would be appreciated.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

The last picture, with its focus on the wagon wheels, is most interesting to me. I like how it looks less like a photograph and more like a piece of art.

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
I would like to see what these photos looked like before the filters were applied. I like the color (blues, reds, grays, browns) and the compositions in all the photos is spectacular. Sometimes the filters will make a more cartoonish kind of photo - was that your intention?
Lis' Sis

Anonymous said...

I like the one with the wagon wheels in front. Mom

John Hajduk said...

Thanks for the comments everyone-- I think I like the wagon wheel picture the best too. Lil Sis-- you'll see I've posted a comparison of the original with the edited version of that picture-- I wasn't going for cartoonish, just definitely was trying to make it look more like a drawing.
Dr. John

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
I guess I didn't mean cartoonish in the sense of Sunday funnies, or haha Saturday morning shows.. I meant in the brighter almost garish coloring, and defined lines of the photo.
Lil' Sis