Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Note on Photos

When I post photos I took on this blog, I almost always do so on my home computer which includes a nearly new, high definition monitor. Today I realized that the black and white pictures I posted last night do not look as good on my school computer monitor; in fact they appear rather muddy and indistinct. I thought I would mention this in case someone viewing the photos was wondering why I bothered to post them-- they may not be works of art, but generally I select ones that I think look pretty good, and certainly good enough to share. In the future, I'll try to be more sensitive to the different levels of quality displayed depending on the equipment used, and try to pick pictures that won't lose so much of their sharpness when displayed on older monitors.

2 comments:

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
I am perfectly happy to view any photo you deem worthy of your blog. I think you have a wonderful eye for composition in photography and if the color, hues, crisp definition you see originally does not correspond in my computer - I have no problem- I enjoy your commentary of what you saw and the images you portray =)
Lil' Sis

John Hajduk said...

Lil Sis,
Thanks for the kind words-- but I think you have a higher quality monitor too (maybe everyone does-- after all, the screen that prompted this post is a four year old, state-issued model). I'll definitely keep posting pictures, but I'll perhaps be a little more selective on the black and whites, or maybe brighten them a bit with PhotoShop before posting.
Dr. John