Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Few More California Pics

Here are a few more photos I thought I'd share of my trip last week to Los Angeles. Above is a telephoto shot of downtown Hollywood, taken from the Griffith Observatory. The cylindrical building just left of center in the foreground is the famous Capitol Records Building on Vine Street. The skyscrapers in the right background is Century City.

Here's a big newsstand open late on the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica. I think I'm going to work on this one, maybe convert it to black & white. You don't often see big magazine racks like this out on the street anymore.

This was a street performer, also on the Third Street Promenade. There were a number of singers and musicians out the night we were there, even though the pedestrian traffic was actually pretty sparse (this was around 10:00 at night).

This pelican was pretty sanguine about all the passersby on the Santa Monica Pier, even though just about everyone stopped to check him out and snap a picture or two, like me.

Finally, a lonely clam digger on the beach in Venice. I really wish his reflection was a little more evident in this shot, but I like it anyway.

No comments: