Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bannack in Black and White

Here's a kind of followup post to the one last week where I posted the pictures of the Hotel Meade in Bannack State Park. As you can see, the theme here is black and white. Each of these was shot in color, but converted to b&w; the two below also had some adjustments to brightness and contrast to bring out some highlights. Above is a shot of part of the kitchen (I assume-- since that's a stove on the left) in the Hotel Meade.

This is a buckboard I found inside one of the buildings behind Main Street.

And here's a view of the curving staircase leading down into the lobby of the hotel. As always, comments are welcome.

5 comments:

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
Like them! were those the same stairs you took a photo of in a previous post (month or 2 ago) too tired to look it up for now =)
Lil' Sis

John Hajduk said...

Almost certainly the same stairs (I didn't look it up either)-- they are about the only set in the town.
Dr. John

Andrea Fromm said...

Beautiful composition and light John! I love your blog: Can't go wrong with soup, music, philosophy, and photography! PS: I have been dying to share my Mom's new band with you--I think is it right up your alley (creepy ukulele folk rock). I don't want to be entirely shameless in my promotion, but their EP is now on itunes and Amazon (The Little Black Bottles-Werewolf of Moncton).

Andrea Fromm said...

PS: Here is some good NW historical trivia for you...where is Moncton? (NW & historical are my hints...)

John Hajduk said...

Hi Andrea!
So great to hear from you, and thanks for the nice comments on the pictures (especially since I recall you're something of a photographer yourself). I'm going to check out your Mom's band; is this her first recording since that 45 you shared with me way back when? As for Moncton, I can only think of a community somewhere in the Maritimes in eastern Canada by that name-- you'll have to fill m in on the NW connection.
Dr. John