Sunday, March 7, 2010

Soup Diary 100307

I had a really crummy bowl of soup yesterday; in fact it was so crummy, I think I will not be ordering soup at the Great Harvest in Butte ever again (I think over the years I've only ever had one decent bowl there-- the odds just aren't very good). It was advertised as Chicken Rice, but there was no sign of any chicken in my bowl, and the rice had been cooked to the point where it wasn't very recognizable either. What flavor I detected seemed to come from the chunks of onion included, otherwise the broth was indistinguishable from hot water. The irony is that the sandwiches at this plate are fantastic-- is it possible they put so much effort into that side of the menu that they can't be bothered with the soup? One wonders why they even serve it at all, if this is the result. Well, I've learned my lesson-- next time I won't even bother with the soup.

No comments: