Sunday, May 1, 2011

Four Pictures: Bannack State Park

Yesterday morning dawned sunny and bright, so I decided to head over to Bannack to take some pictures (something I haven't had much opportunity to do of late). I've posted pictures from Bannack here before, but this time, I went with a different strategy: to focus on the little details (sort of inspired by my sister Sally's macro tendencies). So, for example, my eye was caught by the corroded old gas can under the window above.

Likewise, I tried to capture the texture of the scraped and scratched door seen above, along with the interesting interplay of color where the orange wood was showing through.

More corroded metal, this piece languishing by corner of an old front porch on a miner's cabin. I thin the rusted metal used to be a bucket.

This is a more traditional (for me) shot. I liked how the barn stood out against the blue sky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These turned out great!
Sally

John Hajduk said...

Thanks. I liked yours from Hunters Creek too-- especially the first one of the red flowers. Have your been playing around with Photoshop at all yet?
Dr. John