Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday Funnies

I was trying to think of a strip to feature today that my Mom has mentioned as a favorite. Flipping through the directory of the I Love Comix Archive, I came across a section devoted to Ella Cinders, which sounded like a possible candidate. These go back to 1937, and I'm pretty sure I've heard Mom mentioning that this was one that she read as a little girl. So Mom, enjoy this trip down memory lane (and if I'm wrong about it being an old favorite, well, I'll try again next year ;-).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, John, Ella Cinders was one of my favorites back then. Ella, and Etta Kett and the 'flapper' Boots were three girls I admired as a child. Maybe some day you could find them in that archive...Mom

John Hajduk said...

Mom,
You know, I think it was actually Etta Kett that I've heard you mention-- I'll see if I can find some of those to post.
Dr. John