Sunday, May 15, 2011

Four Pictures: West Fest

These four pictures were taken at the KDWG 10th Anniversary Show, West Fest, last month. The lighting was a bit tricky for an amateur photographer like me, but I think that these look pretty good after a little work on PhotoShop.

The goal was to capture what it looked like with just the stage lights illuminating the performers, and that meant longer exposures which lent an impressionistic tone to the images (as in the top picture and the one below).

Another alternative was to use software to adjust the exposure, but while that brought out a bit more detail (in its initial state, you couldn't make out the smile on the singer's face below), it really makes for some odd coloring. Maybe a little more work will get that part right. I consider all of these to be works-in-progress. The last set I posted from this event were enhanced (I think) by converting them to black and white, but I wanted to see if I couldn't make the color work too.

No comments: