Monday, April 18, 2011

WestFest 1

Last Friday, the radio station for which I broadcast, KDWG in Dillon, celebrated its tenth anniversary with what we hope will become an annual event called West-Fest. It was supposed to be a big outdoor party, but inclement weather forced us indoors. Even so, it was a great time, with live music from 3 to 10, along with a barbecue, beer garden, and assorted art demonstrations and booths. Here are a few pictures I took at the festivities, starting with the Black Rose Band above.

Kayli Smith performed a nice acoustic set.

Landlocked got the crowd moving with their patented Polynesian reggae mix.

Unfortunately, the light was such that I couldn't get a sharp image of the crowd, but I think this conveys a bit of the action on the dance floor.

Headlining was The Dirty Shame, and they put a nice country cap to the evening. Great show overall-- and I can't wait for next year!

No comments: