Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Three Pictures: B&W Prague

Still playing around trying to get black and white images of urban scenes. These three are from my trip to Prague last Spring, and like the Milan pictures yesterday, have been worked on for awhile, having been cropped and processed in Photoshop to bring out some detail and enhance the contrast. Above is an outdoor bar, below a back street connecting a couple of the major squares in teh old part of the city.

The last picture has had the most work done, and maybe I took it too far. I liked how the cobblestones in the foreground were so well-defined in the dark, while the figures walking in the background are a bit blurry though in the light (or maybe because of the light). Anyway, I'm having fun trying to turn these into something interesting (I'll let you be the judge if I'm attaining that goal).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your black and white experiments especially the last one where the people are walking out of the darkness into the light
Mom