Friday, April 15, 2011

Soup Diary 110415

I had a surprisingly tasty cup of Broccoli Vegetable Cheddar soup today from an unlikely source-- Subway. I get sandwiches there about once a week (I really like their flatbread, which tastes great wrapped around some chicken and veggies), but rarely order the soup. That's mainly because the offerings are generally limited to vegetable (way too salty) and chicken noodle (way too blah). Maybe the broccoli soup is there regularly too, and I've just failed to notice. Make no mistake, this wasn't a spectacular twist on an old standby, but where lots of places (especially fast food type places) seem to think that the cheese is the big selling point, this had a nice mix of vegetables carrying the load, starting with broccoli, but with plenty of onion, carrots, and I think even a little cauliflower as well. The broth certainly betrayed the presence of cheese, but not to the total obliteration of everything else. So it was a nice, pleasant surprise, and went down nice an easy, soothing the scratchy throat that lingers from my illness earlier this week.

No comments: