Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Home Remedy

Sorry if you missed fresh posts here yesterday, but I came down with some kind of 24 hour bug and was pretty much out of it most of the day. The worst part was that it didn't hit me until I'd gone into work, and by the time I got to class I was feeling pretty punk-- all achy and somewhat woozy. I don't think the students minded when I dismissed them a third of the way through. Then, after dragging myself home, I did something last night that was possibly ill-advised, but the outcome was good, so I'm going to recommend it as my solution to the flu: hot pizza. I can't explain why, but a couple of slices of thin crusted pepperoni pizza not only hit the spot, but made me feel a little better right away (although full recovery didn't come until this morning-- possible that last cold dose for breakfast was necessary?). All that remains this evening is a bit of a sniffle so I'm totally sold on this form of self-medication.

1 comment:

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
I am so with you on that Pizza theory for making you better (and yes to the morning after cold pizza for breakfast-definitely part of the remedy) =)
Lil' Sis