Monday, April 18, 2011

Battle of the Bands Update

Well, I don't know if anyone could have possibly predicted this (sarcasm intended), but in the Battle of the Bands to determine the greatest British rock and roll band of the era 1960 to 1974 unfolding on Dr. John's Record Shelf over the past few months, the two finalists ended up being the Rolling Stones and the Beatles. The former edged the Who for their berth in the final, while the latter knocked off the Kinks.

Songs in competition were "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Stones, "Won't Get Fooled Again" by the Who, "Hard Day's Night" by the Beatles, and "Tired of Waiting For You" by the Kinks. Next week, for the final, I'll play three songs by each group, early enough in the program that we can take phone call votes. But if anyone wants to post a preference in comments here, I'll add that to the tally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never was a fan of the Stones, so count my vote for the Beatles. I can't imagine any of the Stones' tunes comparing to whatever you play by the Beatles!
Sally