Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Three Photos: B&W Milan

Continuing a series started yesterday (of city scenes in black and white), here are three pictures I took in Milan back in the Fall of 2008. They weren't the greatest shots in their original form-- a little blurry and with haphazard composition. I've been playing around with them on Photoshop, and this is what I've got so far-- more work may follow-- in trying to turn them into something interesting.

I was only in Milan for a few hours, and it was a rainy day (hence all the umbrellas you see in these). In the shot above, I tried to accentuate the the impression of rain by using an angled stroke filter. In the shot below, I actually blurred it somewhat to try and create an effect of looking out through a wet window (though I may not have made that as pronounced as I should have).

Feel free to comment if you think the experiments work, or not.

1 comment:

T said...

I like the second one best, it really evokes the feeling of being caught in a downpour. Kind of melancholy.

T