Monday, May 30, 2011

Four Photos: At the Zoo

I don't consider myself much of a wildlife photographer (mainly because I lack the patience necessary), but when the animals are put on display before me, I don't mind snapping a few shots. These were taken at the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma. The peacock above was wandering around the entrance area, and putting on a nice show with his plumage.

They have several tigers at the zoo, and they were one of my favorite attractions. Working with a zoom though, I didn't get many good pictures, as they were constantly moving. This is about the best, and on a quick glance, I guess you might mistake the setting for some African savannah (though I think these were actually Indian tigers).

The penguins all marched down to check out the visitors hanging out around their habitat. They seemed like some down-to-earth guys, despite the formal wear.

Unlike the tigers, this guy was standing completely stock still the whole time we watched him. I was hoping he'd turn his head and give us a smile, but no such luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So funny I was at the zoo at the same time and day when you took the pic of the peacock and I took the same one.