Monday, May 23, 2011

Four Pictures: Macro Experiments

One of the places I visited on my trip to the great Northwest last week was a place called Mud Mountain Dam, where Lizzie and I took a little hike through the woods. This gave me an opportunity to try out the macro settings on my camera, and I got some nice shots of the local fauna.

I don't actually know what any of these flowers are called, but I enjoyed playing around with getting some sharp images by closing in on my subjects. I also like how the background is rendered quite fuzzy.

As is often the case as I discover more ways to play with my camera, I hope to keep experimenting on these close-ups, and I'll likely post more examples of what I come up with here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, John Mom

Anonymous said...

The pink flowers are bleeding hearts and the blue are forget-me-nots. These are great - I tried to get a closeup of a fern unfurling, but had no luck.
Sally