Saturday, May 7, 2011

Three Pictures: Baseball

There's been a subtle (well, maybe not so subtle) undercurrent of baseball themed posts this past week, so here's another one. Here are three pictures I've been playing around with taken in past years at Buffalo Bisons games. Each has been cropped and processed to try and tease out something that makes them a little more interesting than they were on first look.

I'll let you decide if these "work." But I think they capture something of the action of the sport, and look a bit more artful than when in their original state.


2 comments:

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
If you are looking for input I would have to say that I feel you really captured something on the first photo- the circular home dirt the action of a swing and seeing the ball coming on to the batter- the eye really travels in that shot.
The second shot I don't think really reflects action other that the pitcher picking up his leg (reminds me of a dog doing his business ;) The third one shows only the end of the play and not much for the full shot. I like the two players (batter and guy in dugout with bat) I would have cropped to just those two - kind of a before swing/after swing contrast. Just my 2 cents - you asked for =)
Lil' Sis

John Hajduk said...

Thanks for the comments Lizzie! I appreciate any constructive criticism I can get. The second one was intended to be more "abstract" in composition, but you're right, it's borderline at best. All of them were efforts to rescue originals that had bigger problems, but sometimes it's hard to make something out of nothing.
Dr. John