Thursday, November 18, 2010

More Pictures of Spain

Here are four more shots from my trip to Spain back in '88 (recently scanned and digitized). Above is another angle on the cathedral in Toledo, which was a truly awesome structure, both inside and out. Sadly, I don't have any interior shots (I'm trying to remember if the camera I was using even had a flash).

This is the main square in Alcala de Henares, where Catherine and I were staying with my brother Nick. This is Cervantes hometown, and that's a statue of the author in the middle of the square. Every night, virtually the entire community converges on this spot to socialize, shop, eat, and generally hang out. It's a pretty neat custom that I wish were more common in this country.

These last two images are different views of the ancient Roman aqueducts that dominate the center of Segovia. Twenty plus years ago, they looked like they could still handle the job of delivering water to the city, and I bet that's still true today.

No comments: