Saturday, November 20, 2010

Three Pictures of Spain

Here are a few more shots from my trip to Spain. Above is the royal palace in Madrid. Or maybe it's the government building that sits opposite the palace-- I'm afraid I don't remember (and I believe the two buildings look pretty similar).

One of the most memorable spots we visited was the Museum of Torture, located in a basement right across the street from the cathedral in Toledo. I believe this was where many of the "confessions" were elicited during the inquisition and there were plenty of tools on display-- like the suspended cage above-- that no doubt helped prompt the heretics.

I can't remember the name of this street, but it was in the heart of the financial and government district in Madrid. I really liked the winged figure on the top of the building in the center.

No comments: