Sunday, November 14, 2010

Remembering Spain

I bought myself a new gizmo that I've been experimenting with today. It's a slide/negative scanner, and I'm hoping to use it to convert a lot of old pictures I have to digital. Here are three of the first batch-- taken on my trip to Spain back in the Spring of 1988 to visit my brother Nick. I haven't done anything to these-- they might be improved somewhat once I get them into PhotoShop, but I think they look good enough as-is to share. The first two, above and below, are shots taken from the parapets of the castle in Segovia. The first looks back to the city itself, with the cathedral dominating the skyline, while the second looks out to the countryside and what I think are olive trees dotting the field.

The third picture is unmarked, so it may also be another view from the castle. But for some reason I think it may be from our visit to Toledo, again looking out from the old walled city to the countryside. I wonder if Nick or Catie remember that particular view and can fill me in on the comments?

No comments: