Saturday, August 14, 2010

Three Photos (Night Photography)

As regular readers know, I've been experimenting for some time with taking pictures at night without any artificial light (or at least, without me providing the artificial light). One evening last June, I spent an hour or so shooting on the University of Buffalo campus, near the Ellicott Complex. Here are three that turned out pretty good (cropped a bit in a couple of cases).

The white balance is way out of whack on this one, but I liked the effect-- almost a surreal landscape with that orange tinge.

The glowing foreground plants in this one were illuminated by a street light behind me, and I overcompensated for the darkness by keeping the shutter open a bit too long; though again, I like the way it turned out, even if it isn't quite how the scene actually looked.

No comments: