Saturday, August 28, 2010

Soup Diary 100828

My soup-eating has been considerably curtailed over the last ten days, for a couple of reasons I won't get into. But the exception has been the discovery of a new (to me) packaged soup that's actually quite tasty. Regular readers may recall that after regularly imbibing (I know that verb usually applies to a different kind of liquid, but the effect in my case is more or less the same, so it seems appropriate here) the homemade fare at places like Fables Cafe, I was concerned that I could never again enjoy something heated up out of my cupboard. The one exception up to now has been the Roasted Red Pepper stuff made by the Pacific company, and now I've found that their Spicy Black Bean is pretty good too. I'd tried a couple of their other varieties, and generally been less than enthusiastic. But the Black Bean, despite being a bit thin in texture (and not augmented by avocado and whole beans as the picture above suggests), is actually pretty tasty, with the added benefit of being low in fat (even more so than the Red Pepper). So it looks like it'll be a regular part of my rotation from here on out, and I won't have to go out of the house to enjoy it either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could add the avacado and a few black beans to your package soup and - there you are - just like the picture. Bet it would taste good too.... Mom