Sunday, August 1, 2010

Four Photos (Visiting Museums)

These four pictures are somewhat random shots taken at museums over the past three weeks or so. I kind of like how they turned out, so thought I would post them here. The first one above was taken at the CEPA Photography gallery in Buffalo; it could be sharper, but I liked the interplay of the pipes along the ceiling with the display on the wall.

This was from my most recent visit to the Burchfield Penney Art Center, very rapidly becoming my favorite place to view art. They change the exhibits a couple times a year (more or less corresponding to when I visit), and they let you take pictures-- which is really nice because the layout and design of the galleries lend themselves to all kinds of interesting shots, including (I think) the one above.

This elephant's head is in the sun room at the Eastman House in Rochester, which in addition to replicating the very well turned out digs of a very wealthy family also houses some spectacular galleries devoted to celebrating the art of photography in all forms.

Last is a shot of Natalie on a visit to the Buffalo Historical Society. The lighting on the second floor mezzanine was really cool that morning, streaming in the windows facing Hoyt Lake.

No comments: