Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another Cool Photography Site

My friend Jennifer sent me this link after I posted about the color Russian photos from the early 20th century last week. These are pictures that I believe were taken by Farm Securities Administration (a New Deal program) photographers around 1940. I'd seen a few of them before in different collections, but never in color. They pretty much span the country and provide a wonderful look at a variety of communities across the land. This includes my current home of Dillon, MT, seen above (that corner looks pretty much the same today, minus the awnings and vintage automobiles). Take a step back in time and check it out (thanks Jennifer!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures, here, So many of them could have been taken in Titusville....Brought tears to my eyes thinking of that era. Did you notice how all the men wore hats just like my Dad did back then...Mom

Jennifer said...

I really like this photo collection and I'm looking for ways to incorporate some of them into my classroom. I'm glad you found it of interest!