Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Three B&W Photos


I continue to review the photos I took over the past couple of months, and found these three that I think look pretty good stripped of color. The first is of Elmwood Ave. in Buffalo, a neighborhood kind of noted for its arts and nightlife.

This was a shot taken one evening at Niagara Falls, which turned out to be a wonderful place to go and experiment with my camera. No surprise there, but I did discover some new spots to visit that were a bit different than my previous focus on the Falls themselves.

Third is of the scene on the bridge linking Tonawanda and North Tonawanda, taken during Canalfest, the annual celebration of the twin cities' long ago prominence as lumber ports, due to their proximity to the Erie Canal. Now, the waterfront is just a great place to hang out in the summer, and the fest means you can get fried dough nearby-- so it attracts an extra large crowd.

No comments: