Monday, August 23, 2010

Pictures of Bannack

One of my favorite places to take pictures here in SW Montana is at Bannack State Park. Bannack was the first territorial capital back in the 1860s, a gold boom town that soon enough was supplanted in influence and prosperity by places like Virginia City and Helena. By the 1960s, the place was largely abandoned, but many of the buildings were left standing, including a bunch that date back to the town's 19th century heyday.

Both of these pictures have been processed through PhotoShop to create the "painterly" effects you see. On top is a picture I took last winter of several houses on the main street. Above is one I took last week of a corral down by Grasshopper Creek. I think they evoke a good sense of what it's like to visit the place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, John...I like that picture of the main street in Bannock..could be a painting. Looks great. Looking forward to some more pics. Mom