Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pictures of Dillon

I've decided to make a concerted effort to find new places and things to photograph in Dillon, so I headed out this evening looking for some likely subjects. Not too surprisingly, the landscape dominates these shots, taken at a number of spots just south of town.

This was near one of the many fishing access points on teh Beaverhead River. I was using my ND filter for these shots, just to see how they'd turn out, shooting in Auto mode (as opposed to my more usual Manual settings).

This is another view from that same access point, but looking towards the river. I was surprised I didn't see more fisherman out on the water, considering what a pleasant evening it was.

This moose statue is used to advertise a local bank, but I cut that part of the image out of this particular composition. It almost looks real, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No wonder they call it the Big Sky Country....Beautiful pictures, John. Mom