Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Some Recent Pictures

This past Sunday, Tom, Ben and I ventured out into the cold and snow to take Andromeda for a walk and snap some pictures up in Niagara County. These are a few that I think turned out kind of good (though I wish I had the software available to do some cropping and other minor adjustments-- maybe I'll post alternative versions of these next week). Above is the skyline of Niagara Falls, Ontario seen from the Three Sisters Islands.

I like how the reddish hue of the few remaining leaves on this augment the otherwise bleak, black and white feel of this picture.

This was an experiment, shooting through the snow speckled window as we drove through Fort Niagara State Park. I don't know what accounts for the flare in the upper left, as I did not use a flash and the sun very definitely was not out, but I think it adds a nice element to the picture.

And last, a nice sepia-toned shot from Goat Island; I rather like how the composition turned out with the blank field of white snow in the foreground. I'd be curious to know what others think of these pictures.

4 comments:

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
I really like your photos.I think you really have an eye for composition. I do have a question though... What is a nive? I tried looking it up since I thought it was just me being a dummy - but all dictionaries I looked in had no such word - Do you have a definition of it? Love you
Lil' Sis

John Hajduk said...

Sheesh,
One little typo-- the "v" is right next to the "c" on the keyboard after all! I'll strive to be more careful to avoid any future confusion ;-)
Dr. John

Anonymous said...

Do you have a spell check on you machine, John? By the way I really like your pictures especially the one at the top of you page today.
Ellicott Creek Park? Right? Mom

John Hajduk said...

Mom,
Yep, it's Ellicott Creek Park.
Dr. John