Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pictures From Washington

Here are a few shots from my trip last week. Above is a picture taken at a place called Dry Falls in central Washington. Apparently several thousand years ago this spot would've put Niagara Falls to shame. But sometime around the end of the last Ice Age, the flow disappeared, leaving this striking landscape behind.

This is an apple tree somewhere alongside Bonney Lake. I'm pretty pleased with the way the colors came out (unretouched), considering I shot this at dusk.

This was taken at the Japanese Garden in Point Defiance Park in Tacoma, the day after Thanksgiving. Luckily we had some nice weather, so Liz and I drove over to the Park to snap some pictures. I'll post some others tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
Great photos -small correction - it is Lake Tapps, not Bonney Lake we were at =)
Lil'Sis

John Hajduk said...

Lil Sis,
You know, I knew that. I have no idea why I mixed the names up.
Dr. John