Monday, December 7, 2009

Soup Diary 091207

Last time I was in a Fred Meyer (which has a large selection of packaged organic food) I picked up several boxes of soup to try. I finally got around to cracking one open, namely the Potato Leek. Pouring some out into a pan for heating, I was a bit discouraged, as it seemed rather thin and runny (not at all what I think of as characteristic of a "creamy" soup). But already with the first spoonful, I realized my first impressions was misleading. While not as hearty as I expected, the stuff was nonetheless quite tasty. I sprinkled a little Parmesan cheese on top to add a bit of flavor, but it wasn't necessary as it had a robust potato flavor nicely enhanced by the mild onion effect of the leeks. Actually, it probably would've been nice with a dollop of sour cream, but I didn't have any on hand. Next up: I think I'll try the Sweet Potato; stay tuned.

No comments: