Friday, December 18, 2009

Soup Diary 091218

My first day back in Buffalo, and I was unable to get to Fables for some soup. However, I did go to a place called the Texas Roadhouse with the Rosieks and there tried a cup of their "homemade" chili. It didn't taste too bad, but neither was it anything special. In fact it violated one of the cardinal rules of chili in that a couple chunks of beef were quite gristley. Generally I expect chili to have been cooked long enough to tenderize all the various ingredients-- especially the meat. Here's hoping this was just a tiny misstep on my soup eating sojourn over the next couple of weeks, and not a portend of things to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since we are having the Welcome Home Chili party, tonight, John, I just hope my chili measures up to your high standard. Mom