Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Images of Ellicott Creek Park

Yesterday I went over to Ellicott Creek Park to take some photos, thinking the high contrast of bright blue skies and snow-covered ground would make for some interesting shots. I'm not totally thrilled with the results (so far-- I don't have access at the moment to editing software to fix these up a bit), but thought I would post a few anyway. Above is the WPA-constructed boat house from a similar angle as the picture in this post from last summer.

Next are a couple of black and white shots, above of the snow-covered picnic grounds; and below looking across the Barge Canal.

I suspect each of these b&w photos would benefit from some enhanced contrast, but they do somewhat convey the bleakness of the empty park on a cold, cold morning as they are.

No comments: