Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Natalie!

Yesterday was my niece Natalie's 15th birthday, and I wish I had got this posted in time to mark the occasion. But considering that we celebrated this evening with cake and presents (because Natalie was at a school dance last night) I guess I'm still within the acceptable grace period with this post. By the way, the picture above is not from this evening's get-together.

I have to say that spending time with Natalie is always one of the best parts of coming home, whether playing kickball in the backyard or cards around the table...

... or just hanging out. I've gotten such a kick out of watching her grow up into such a lovely, smart, and funny young lady, and I'm really looking forward to hearing about all the new things she continues to discover and experience as time goes by.

It's great to see how much she gets along with her younger cousins, and even her brother Ben ;-)

... and how she generally tries to make the best of any situation...

... even putting up with my recommendations about music she might like, dragging her to concerts (I think, deep-down, she might even admit she enjoyed that Amy Rigby show last summer).

Like most teenagers, she's got her own things to do, but it's nice that she makes some time to do stuff with the family too, and I think mostly has a good time when she does.

So, happy birthday Natalie-- you deserve to have every day be special, and I really hope that's the way they all turn out.

No comments: