Saturday, December 19, 2009

Soup Diary 091219

I've waited several months to get back to Fables Cafe and teh wonderful soup they offer there. Today was my first taste since last July, and they didn't disappoint. The Roasted red Pepper and Sausage was a delight, creamy and tangy and so good. I realized that it's a good thing that I haven't the talent to cook up something like this myself, because I doubt I'd have the self-control to keep from consuming an entire pot of the stuff if it were right there in front of me. Having to travel 2000 miles and pay $2.75 per cup is sufficient to otherwise restrain my appetite. But with any luck I'll be back on Tuesday for another round (I'm hoping some Sweet Potato Pablano is due up in the rotation).

Also, tonight my Mom cooked up a batch of her excellent chili in kind of an annual tradition (when I get back for the holidays, the whole family convenes for some of her luscious south-of-the-border stew). As always, the food and the company were both outstanding. It's good to be back home!

No comments: