Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Morning Cartoons

I was trying to think of another regular feature to add to the blog and came up with this: classic cartoons from my youth (no doubt the idea was prompted by my stumbling over Roger Ramjet a few days ago). Anyway, I fondly remember watching Beany and Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent when I was a kid, and maybe some of you will remember this as well. The animation is pretty rudimentary, but the jokes largely hold up and the show featured one of the greatest cartoon villains of them all, Dishonest John. Enjoy:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen this since I was about 7 or 8. I remembered Beanie an Cecil, but it really was a flashback to see and hear the voice on their bearded friend.
sally

John Hajduk said...

Yeah, that is one distinctive voice. The character is Captain Horatio Huffenpuff, Beany's uncle.
Dr. John