Monday, March 30, 2009

Political Comment (by proxy)

I think Matt Taibbi is one of the sharpest political reporter/commentators out there today. His regular gig now is with Rolling Stone, but I remember first discovering him as one of the co-founders of the Buffalo Beast alternative paper in my hometown some years back. Anyway, he recently posted a response to that self-serving letter that appeared last week in the New York Times from an AIG executive, and I think Taibbi's response is dead on. You can read it here (fair warning: Taibbi can be a little free with his language).

P.S. A bonus quote-for-the-day from John Ruskin (1819-1900) seems appropriate in this context:

"Whereas it has been known and declared that the
poor have no right to the property of the rich,
I wish it also to be known and declared that the rich
have no right to the property of the poor."

No comments: