Saturday, March 14, 2009

Jason & the Scorchers Live

One of the all-time great bands out of the 1980s. I got to see these guys live in a club in South Buffalo around 1986 or 87, and they were fantastic even if there were only about 25 people in the place. It almost looks like this show was equally sparse in attendance, though maybe that's just the angle from which it is shot. Performing what is possibly the greatest cover version of a Dylan song (I know, there are many contenders for that title), here are Jason and the Scorchers from 1987 with "Absolutely Sweet Marie":

2 comments:

T said...

It had to be 1985 John, because I remember talking about it in school. I was a senior at the time, 17 years old, and thought it was very cool that I got to go to the Salty Dog Cafe (a bar!) to see these guys with you.

You took me to a bunch of memorable concerts back then. What a good big brother you were to let your kid sister tag along!

John Hajduk said...

T
You know I started to write "Salty Dog" and then thought I must be misremembering the name of the place, so it's good to have you corroborate my memory.
Dr. John