Friday, September 17, 2010

Three Pictures

I spent much of this afternoon at Headwaters State Park, which is located where the Madison, Jefferson, and Gallatin Rivers converge to form the Missouri River. It was kind of cold and overcast, so the photo ops were not optimal, but I got a few good shots. Above is a view of the Madison looking south from the ridge overlooking where it connects with the other rivers.

I caught this guy checking me out from the top of that same ridge. I took this picture then wondered if he'd stay still long enough for me to switch to a telephoto lens. Alas, he did not, bounding down and across a parking lot as I scrambled to attach the lens. Now I know why the pros always have at least two cameras ready to go.

Since I got some nice comments the last time I posted a picture of some sunflowers, here's another. This is a spot right near the confluence of the three rivers (though I guess that's relatively true of all three pictures).

No comments: