Sunday, September 19, 2010

Soup Diary 100919

I'm not a huge fan of Chinese food, but every now and then I get a craving for an egg roll or some Kung Pao Chicken. Such was the case yesterday, so I went down to the local buffet for lunch. I haven't been there in quite awhile, maybe a year, mainly because the last couple of visits were very disappointing, with the food tasting really salty and fatty. It was not reassuring when I entered and realized I was the only customer at 11:45 on a Saturday, but as it happened it was a much better experience than the past few times. One thing I can generally count on enjoying is the Egg Drop Soup, with which I always start my meal. I'm not sure why I like it so much, as it isn't anything more than egg whites and celery in chicken broth, but for some reason, it hits the spot. I sprinkle a few crispy fried noodles on top, add a side of eggrolls, and it's a nice appetizer. The Kung Pao was pretty good too, but the real surprise was the barbecued chicken, which tasted really good with a little fried rice. There are so few options for eating out in Dillon, that I'm especially glad that the Chinese buffet seems to have righted itself (and, by the way, several other patrons entered before I finished my lunch)-- so it likely won't be so long before my next visit. Maybe I'll even try the Won Ton Soup then.

No comments: