Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Soup Diary 100912

Last Spring, I capped a nice day shooting pictures in Yellowstone Park with a good meal at a restaurant in West Yellowstone, the town adjacent to the Park's western entrance. One of the highlights of that visit was a cup of first-rate soup. So, passing through that same area at suppertime again a few days ago, I made a point of going back. I should have just let the positive memory sustain me. I actually opted for the all-you-can-eat soup and salad bar just so that I could sample both varieties of soup, and this time neither was all that great. The Tomato Basil was marginally better than the Vegetable Barley, as it was a tad more robust, but really, both were rather bland (though the salad was pretty good, so it wasn't a total loss). The worst part is that now I don't have a place to look forward to visiting the next time I get over that way, at least not with the same enthusiasm as before. Maybe I just caught the cook on an off-night, but the end result was that I'll likely be checking out someplace else next time I'm in that neighborhood.

No comments: