Thursday, September 9, 2010

More Bannack Photos

Another trip to Bannack State Park gave me another opportunity to snap a few pictures (as if I needed that as an excuse). Bannack is often billed as a ghost town, which ought to expalin teh spectral figure at the end of the bar in teh above shot.

Evidently it was once possible to get a haircut while enjoying the refreshments and companionship offered at the local bar. I wonder how that generally turned out (assuming the barber was also tempted to imbibe).

One of the best things about Bannack as a photographic subject is that there are lots of places where you get interesting light patterns, pouring through windows, or as above, through the cracks in the wall. I'm still working out how best to capture that light, but I'm having a good time experimenting with my camera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You wonder about the barber, John. I have to tell you that there was a plumber in Titusville that was known as the "man with the trained bicycle" because, no matter how much he drank at the local bars, he always managed to ride his bicycle straight home. Mom