Saturday, February 27, 2010

Soup Diary 100227

Beware of raised expectations! A couple weeks ago, I had such a good bowl of soup at a new restaurant in Missoula called the Central Grill, that I couldn't wait to get back to try some more. Today, I had the opportunity, but unfortunately the Tomato Florentine wasn't quite as good as the Lemon Chicken I enjoyed the last time. Oh, it wasn't bad-- homemade and fresh with chunks of tomato and hamburger, topped with fresh basil leaves. But I was counting on spectacular, and felt a little let down; possibly this was because, according to the waitress, I got the first bowl of the day and it hadn't quite cooked long enough for all the flavors to commingle the way they should. At any rate, this mild disappointment doesn't mean I won't go back again, as this was probably the second or third best soup I've had in Montana over the past few months (and I really don't mean that as faint praise); I'll just plan to stop in a bit later in the day.

No comments: