Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Soup Diary 100210

Finally, I've broken my losing streak with restaurant soup! On Sunday, before the Wilco show we ate at a new restaurant called the Central Grill in Missoula (it had just opened on Friday) where Sean's brother Mike was one of the chefs. It was a really nice, casual place, and everything on the menu looked good. The smokehouse chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries was a real treat, and the soup that preceded it was also excellent: a lemon chicken rice. This is a staple in a lot of Greek places, and I've had varieties that were extra creamy, extra lemony, and frankly extra blah. This version struck a nice balance in terms of the flavors and textures, and was extremely satisfying. According to Mike, fresh-made soups are to be one of the place's specialties (and he mentioned some tantalizing possibilities), so I'm looking forward to making regular stops there when I get up to Missoula. It's nice to know there is finally a place out here I can count on for a good bowl of soup!

No comments: