Monday, November 30, 2009

Soup Diary 091130

I had a nice cup of Split Pea Soup a few days ago, worthy of mention here. It was actually a mix (from the Nutrisystem program)-- just add boiling water. I have to say, it was pretty tasty, not at all what I would expect from a diet program-- except that the portion was kind of small. I recently bought a box of organic split pea soup to try as well, along with some potato leek and sweet potato soup from the same company. These store-bought package soups are not readily available locally, but since I was on the road, I checked the selection in some of the bigger towns I visited. So it looks like soup for dinner or lunch through most of this week. The irony is that the weather is warming up a bit, just when I was expecting the opposite, so I may not always be in a soup-mood. But who am I kidding... I'm almost always in the mood for soup, especially if it turns out to be good (I have especially high hopes for the Sweet Potato). I should mention that being in Washington last week also provided me with the opportunity to once again enjoy the truly excellent Chicken Tortilla Soup at Baja Fresh-- I've written about it a couple times before, so suffice to say that I have yet to discover a chain restaurant staple that comes close to this glorious concoction, complete with avacado slices. If the executives at Campbell's ever tasted this, they'd have to be embarrassed to call the stuff they can "soup."

No comments: