Sunday, November 1, 2009

Soup Diary 091101

What are the odds that on successive visits to Bozeman almost two weeks apart, I would choose to dine at two different restaurants where the only choice of soup is Potato? If the bowl I had yesterday at Paul's Hot Dogs had been as good as the Potato Leek soup I had previously at the Ale House, I wouldn't complain. Unfortunately, it wasn't even close-- very bland, without a single distinctive feature. As a complement to my turkey sandwich, I suppose it was a somewhat healthier alternative to fries or chips, but that's the most I can say for it (it was overpriced, too, as was the sandwich). Paul's is a new pace that opened just a few months ago,. and I had been looking forward to checking it out. It was pretty busy, which is generally a good sign. But I'm thinking there must be something else drawing the crowd aside from the soup. I would've tried one of the titular hot dogs, but as there was no charcoal grill in evidence (the kitchen is fully visible from the counter where orders are placed), I wasn't inclined to take a chance. Maybe next time.

No comments: