Saturday, November 28, 2009

Breaking in My New Camera

Hoping to take my recently-adopted hobby to a new level, I recently purchased a new camera, a Pentax K-x DSLR. My trip over Thanksgiving gave me my first real opportunity to check it out , and so far I'm quite pleased. I'll probably be posting some of my favorite pictures over the next few days, starting with these from an afternoon wandering around downtown Spokane. The first two, above and below, are of the Spokane Falls, which rush by just a few steps away from the downtown shopping district.

Below is the giant Christmas Tree in the downtown mall (can't remember what it's called-- maybe Riverwalk or Riverfront). It's in a gant atrium that extends the height of the facility-- four floors of shopping and movie theaters. What's neat is that you can look out past it all the way up the hill that rises from downtown to out past the interstate. It's a great view, especially at night.

Last, for now, is a shot of a clock tower that's adjacent to the river. I think I can make this one a little better with a bit of editing, but I'm pretty pleased with the raw version too. The new camera does a nice job on those night shots I like so much.

No comments: