Wednesday, November 4, 2009

More Photoshop Fun

Here are three more pictures I've been playing around with on PhotoShop Elements. Above is Buffalo's City Hall, which started out as a tilted, off-center, somewhat out-of-focus, and garishly colored snapshot. Now I think it looks like a shot from a film noir.

Speaking of film, this is a picture I took at the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles last year. I don't think I'm finished with this one, but thought it looked good enough to share. It was originally a color shot, which I converted to black and white, and then proceeded to tint. I think I can do a better job with the green in the hills (which ought to be mixed with some brown), so I'll probably work on this one some more.

This started out as a pretty mundane photo of some priests milling about in front of the Parthenon in Rome. I can't remember what all effects I employed here, but the idea was to heighten the contrast, brighten the colors, and create the impression of a, well, impressionist painting, and I think I got pretty close. Comments are welcome.

No comments: